We are some way into the year so it seems strange to talk about those New Year resolutions. But after a hundred days, have you achieved them, are you still working towards them or have you dropped them?
If the first, excellent. Congratulations on your achievement. Please can you share your story in the comment box? Sharing success inspires others.
If the second, well done. Vision, goals and perseverance are necessary to still be working on this and you must have these. You may have “fallen off the wagon” a few times but you have kept going. Onwards and upwards.
If you have dropped them, please consider this.
- It is tough making changes in your habits.
- Your resolution was worthy and motivating in those heady and optimistic hours around New Year. It can be again.
- You will have learned something in your efforts, even if only what tempted you to slide.
So, let me challenge you to have another go. Here are a few tips.
- Reignite your vision of your future success. Polish it, imagine you when you have achieved it and what your life will be like then.
- Review and reset your goals. Perhaps timescales may need adjusting. Perhaps introduce a dose of reality, without losing the aspiration.
- Update your plan. Perhaps the old plan needs to be scrapped and you start again. Maybe it just needs revising. At least apply the lessons learned in the last hundred days.
- Decide how you will change your habits. What are the triggers for the things you do that take you away from your dream? How can you avoid them? What can you put in place to take you nearer, to align your actions to your vision?
- What new disciplines can you adopt to help you? These may be skills, tools or techniques that need learning.
Remember that resolution and that vision are still worth it. Give it another go.
Please look out for my upcoming book, “Introducing the Success Cycle: six steps to achieving your dream”.
In the meantime, please sign up in tonyharvey.online to get my free materials.